Can you store fertilizer, epsome salts, and other gardening products in the gh?

This is a forum for backyard hobby greenhouse enthusiast wanting to share their green house experiences with like minded people.

Can you store fertilizer, epsome salts, and other gardening products in the gh?

Post by Guest »

I am a new to the gh scene, so I have lots of questions. Can you store fertilizer, epsome salts, and other gardening products in the gh or is there too much moisture?
Gretchen

Re: Can you store fertilizer, epsome salts, and other gardening products in the gh?

Post by Gretchen »

I keep everything in the GH, under a table in sealed air tight containers.
Yolanda

Re: Can you store fertilizer, epsome salts, and other gardening products in the gh?

Post by Yolanda »

I keep everything in my greenhouse. Epsom salt, compost, blood and bone meal and a bunch of other stuff and it's fine.
Callie

Post by Callie »

I think Epsom salt would be fine as well as most commercial fertilizers but not so much the kelp/fish emulsion type fertilizers. I avoid the question and store them.in my garage thru the worst of summer.
Justin

Post by Justin »

Yes if its sealed properly from moisture in a cool part in shade. Obviously a greenhouse is quite the opposite but it's more convenient having it in the growing area.

I kept small bankies of MPK and Calmag in my in the shelve part of a cupboard I was growing in, but they would absorb quite a lot of water especialy considering they are salt based.

The nutrients absorbing water ment I couldn't accurately weigh them unless using the whole bag.