What does everyone do on Christmas eve?

Shelley

Re: What does everyone do on Christmas eve?

Post by Shelley »

When I was younger we used to go to Carols on the green where a traditional brass band played Christmas songs and the lyrics were printed in our local paper to take along and sing. Then would get a Chinese takeaway on the way home and put a Christmas film on. My boys are a bit to young to do this yet so we normally do Christmas eve boxes, watch Christmas films get a takeaway and play board games. Whatever the kids want to do really. Just being together is the main thing for us.
Penny

Post by Penny »

Around 3 we go to the local park, then home for pizza dinner. Their Xmas Eve box contains pjs, hot chocolate, popcorn and “tickets” to that nights Xmas movie. Everyone gets their new pjs on while I make the hot chocolate, my other half finds the film while I run off and get my pjs on then we all snuggle for the film. After that it’s time to put snacks out for Santa, key out, carrot etc. upstairs, teeth, toilet etc and snuggle up in our bed to read “the night before Christmas” and fling the tired but excited kids in bed
Then I run downstairs and panic wrap
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

We have a picky tea, all their favourite party food, we sit on the floor and put it all on the floor and watch home alone! It started when me and my hubby moved in together, we used to have loads of cheese and crackers etc, 16 years ago and carried it on when we had the children. We still have our cheeseboard though! Since having a dog last year we won’t be on the floor but the rest of it still carries on! We then do Christmas Eve boxes, they have their bath bombs from their boxes and new pjs. They love it and they say it’s better than Christmas dinner!!!! Hopefully they will carry on the tradition when they have children of their own. Love making memories 🥰 we’ve done the going out to cinema etc on Christmas Eve but the kids would rather be at home with food and a Christmas film, can’t say I blame them!
Sweet

Post by Sweet »

Watch a xmas movie and stop putting pressure on yourself.
Chrissy

Post by Chrissy »

Soft play!! every Christmas Eve! we’re always one of the only family’s there! i get 2 hours peace on an already chaotic day 😀 little ones get to burn off some excitement then we come home to bake cookies etc to leave cor Santa!
Rebecca

Post by Rebecca »

Run round like a headless chicken, scream at everyone and threaten the kids no presents if they don't stop being arse holes... mine are 11 and 10.. then sprinkle porridge (reindeer food) on the lawn pose for the gram showing how perfect my life is and then neck a litre of baileys.