£150 Warm Home Discount

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

Is the £150 Warm Home Discount we got last year that got paid into our electric account, the same as the new £500 or (or £600 for some) we suppose to get this year?

Am so confused what is what.

I thought is was scrapped and replaced by the new one.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Watch what the chancellor does tomorrow as it looks like we are all going to have to pay in one form or another. I expect the energy help to be cut right back next year for only those on low benefits. After the economic mess by the Truss administration it’s now pay back time
Yvonne

Post by Yvonne »

Senior people will get a letter about warm home payment depending on age hubby and me are getting 250 each this year anytime soon hopefully.
Caroline

Post by Caroline »

Its separate but looks like they have changed the criteria. Only get it now if on qualifying benefits whereas before it was if on low income of below 15k pa.

I was eligible year before last as working on low income. Now retired am not as not on any benefits with my state pension. Not happy.
Maureen

Post by Maureen »

hi it’s a separate payment and the DWP pay it to you direct so you don’t have to apply they will let you know by letter