What does everyone do on Christmas eve?

What does everyone do on Christmas eve?

Post by Guest »

Family traditions ect last year I made Xmas eve boxes but after they'd ate the chocolate and got into the Christmas pj's they were bored.. 6 and 2 year old
Julie

Re: What does everyone do on Christmas eve?

Post by Julie »

We have our Christmas dinner with family over on Christmas eve. Much prefer it as I'm not spending my day cooking in the kitchen on Xmas day and can actually enjoy with my children. We eat junk food on Xmas day
Claire

Post by Claire »

Have a nice picky breakfast, long walk (weather permitting), quick pit stop at pub, bake some cookies and have with hot chocolate, watch a Christmas movie, get into new pj’s, have a very lazy tea or whatever the family wish, sprinkle reindeer food in garden, read The Night Before Christmas. Prepare whatever is needed for the big day inbetween all if the above. Most importantly just enjoy them being young and together. My children are 20 & 17 now and will probably be working quite a lot during the holidays. The time you have with them when it’s all still magical, is so short. Just enjoy while you can xx
Emma

Post by Emma »

We always visit the cemetery take flowers to my husband’s grandparents (I do my grandparents a couple of days before as it’s 20 miles away) decorate biscuits for Santa. We go the pub for an hour with my husbands family. Come home Christmas Eve box for my son bath & pjs cheese and crackers with a Prosecco play games while watching Christmas films. Try wear the child out as much as humanly possible then bed for him we wait a while then presents down lock the dog out the room cos she’ll open the presents cos she’s a knob and bed for us ready for the 5am wake up call
Shannon

Post by Shannon »

Christmas eve is one of my fav days of the year! We always start with breakfast with Santa every year! Come home to our Xmas eve boxes, put Christmas films on, bake cookies for Santa, then we normally see one side of the family but I don’t like it to be too late on Xmas eve as I like to do the whole getting ready for Santa then put them to bed. I like to be doing something but I also like a really chilled day
Jo ~

Post by Jo ~ »

Christmas Eve is one for the adults in my house…. We normally go to a local vineyard or farm shop and splurge on some really nice wine and cheese, and then go for a nice lunch somewhere as it’s the only day myself or my husband won’t end up cooking! Come home and then do Xmas Eve box and one present for the kids x
Theresa

Post by Theresa »

I do a first of December box rather than Christmas eve, with pjs they can wear throughout December not just 2 nights over actual Christmas, new bauble to hang on the tree, paper chains to make and other activities such as paint your own reindeer or something, Christmas stickers, Christmas chocolates, hot chocolate and popcorn to watch a Christmas film etc. So things to lead up to Christmas over the weeks rather than just on 1 day! I know that's not quite what you asked but thought I would throw it out there!

Christmas eve we go to our church children's nativity service, refreshments after, back home order pizza, get in Christmas pjs and settle down with polar express!
Misa

Post by Misa »

We always have a Chinese, watch Polar Express, drink hot chocolate, leave out the goodies for Santa and Rudolph then read ‘Twas the night before Christmas. After that it’s lights out so Santa can come. Then my husband and I watch Die Hard…a wee Christmas Eve tradition since before we were married and had our daughter
Sara

Post by Sara »

We make christingles( love the smell with cloves ) or decorate cookies order pizza, watch a good Christmas movie, play Pictionary then scatter raindeer food, put out treats for Santa and Rudolph, snuggle in bed for stories.

When they’ve finally gone to sleep, finish wrapping, eat Santa’s mince pie, drink his Sherry and a bit more, put stockings in their rooms, present s round the tree, maybe bed by 1am if we’re lucky.
Esther

Post by Esther »

We have the Icelandic tradition of book sharing. I got these lovely book cushions and wrap a book to put in each cushion. We then share the books, as a family. Been doing it for 2 years and the children love it.