What words do you use for (healthy) and (junk food) for a young child of 4 years old?

Michelle

Re: What words do you use for (healthy) and (junk food) for a young child of 4 years old?

Post by Michelle »

Kids that young can only grasp health/nutrition on a very superficial level. Our admins don't recommend discussing it at all, just choose how often you want to serve the candy and offer it that often. That way kids are offered the variety you want without being exposed to positive or negative language.
Kami

Re: What words do you use for (healthy) and (junk food) for a young child of 4 years old?

Post by Kami »

I tell my kids that certain food will give them strong muscles, make them faster, etc.. and other foods won’t.. I also make them aware that too much “junk food” will make their belly hurt so they should eat in moderation.. works for us
Elle

Post by Elle »

This probably isn’t what you’re after.

But some people for sweets say it’s a ‘sometimes food’ and I guess for healthy food you could say ‘anytime or every day food’… that way it’s not saying it’s good or bad but talking about how often each can be had…