Anybody travelled through Panama to Colombia and have any advise on this?

Welcome to our Travel Community, where travelers from all over the world come together to share experiences, ask for advice, and connect with others far and wide!

Post by Guest »

Hi generally speaking would you say Panama is worth it? I am travelling down from Mexico and Costa Rica next September and was just adding in Panama to save a flight from Costa Rica to Colombia. Bit of a land adventure etc.

We have no real time constraint but looking to obviously utilise time elsewhere if better?
Marleen

Re: Anybody travelled through Panama to Colombia and have any advise on this?

Post by Marleen »

You can go from Panama to the San Blas islands to Colombia. It is amazing! I went with san blas adventures and I can really recommend it!!
Stéfany

Post by Stéfany »

I would not advise to cross inland from Panama to Columbia, you will go through a dangerous region, I don't even think it is possible. However, Panama is totally worth a stop. You can take a bus from CR to Panama (the crossing system is pretty simple and fast). From there you can make your way to bocas del toro or/then the Anton Valley is worth and Panama city. The bus system is pretty great and not expensive (if you take the small white vans). Panama is underated, but I went there for hiking and birding so my experience might be different from regular backpacking. There is a pretty neat hostel in the rain forest between David and Bocas called The Lost and Found when you have a view on the Baru volcano (also highest volcano in the region, possible to do a group hike to see the sunrise).
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Panama is nice, Pcity, boquete, bocas and the San Blas islands. But you'll gave to fly anyways or take a boat as you can't cross overland to Colombia
Aurelia

Post by Aurelia »

I'm gonna travel from Panama by Colombia on a boat. It's very expensive though.
Isabella

Post by Isabella »

You can’t really cross to Colombia from Panama by land, flying is cheaper/faster and most importantly safer. There is no road between the two, you can do it by boat maybe but not sure it’s very safe…