Does anyone have photos of a nice white wall colour with beige toned furniture?

A board for members to Discuss, Ask for Advice & Inspire - All things Construction & Design. Please all share the love of our homes with each other.

Post by Guest »

Looking for ideas for a colour that won’t throw any grey but isn’t too stark either.

Thanks!
Tori

Post by Tori »

I’ve got dulux natural white. Works really well. Still sorting out the house, but to give an idea.

Jo ~

Post by Jo ~ »

We did dulux natural white and found it ‘too white’ so changed to Berkshire white. Can post photo on Tuesday if you like.
Jessey

Post by Jessey »

Taubmans cotton sheets

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

Unfortunately looking at people’s photos doesn’t really help as every camera adds or subtracts light. Each room is different to yours in the amount of natural light, furnishings, time of day etc. the only way to really know how colours will look is to get match pots, paint on large pieces of white cardboard and put in lots of different spots in your house. Light spots dark spots on a sunny day and a cloudy day.

This photo is Taubmans Misty Grey half strength, sometimes, in some rooms, it looks blue, sometimes it looks grey, sometimes it looks beige, sometimes a tiny bit lilac and sometimes it looks white. It looks pink here.

Vanessa

Post by Vanessa »

The lighting isn’t great. I’ve just repainted my walls to Akimbo by Taubmans. I love it. It doesn’t throw greys.

Lauren

Post by Lauren »

We originally painted lexicon half, and it threw so much blue. We’ve painted over with Cotton Sheets and it is bright and lovely.
Gayle

Post by Gayle »

I gathered all the white toned paint chips I could find then laid them out on my ‘antique white’ wood furniture to find the actual colour. I found it was Dulux Hogs Bristle Quarter. From there I could choose my wall paint as I wanted it to be the same tone but lighter. I went with Dulux Natural White.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

We have white duck quarter, which is slightly darker (a little more grey base) than natural white, and it makes out cream coloured furniture pop a little more. I love it, but it’s a little more yellow than some of the crisper whites.
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Dulux natural white, I love it, it’s the lightest of the warm whites, the paint shops do it 1/2 strength too which is great, we just painted a townhouse we built in 1/2 strength throughout, walls, ceilings, doors, arcs and skirts, came up fantastic.

We’ll be using it in our own home that’s being built next year.
Rosemary

Post by Rosemary »

I used Abstract Half, I really love it with white trim, it’s a Taubmans colour, a greige I guess, check it out you can get 1/4 too.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:40 pm.