What are some of your favorite frugal/money saving tips?

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

Help me, please.
John

Post by John »

Ignore marketing emails and emails offers targeting you. If you don’t need it, then don’t buy it
Paula

Post by Paula »

Research...shop around.

Home bargains I've found is best for cleaning products. Aldi for groceries, just don't go with a list, their products change daily. Local for fruit and veg, you can buy exactly the amount you need.
Claire

Post by Claire »

Freeze everything that can make a meal another day, even for 1.Rice especially.
Angela

Post by Angela »

Take your own dinner to work with you.
Jessica

Post by Jessica »

We boil a full kettle once in the morning and put what we don’t need in a flask. Can easily reheat a cup full in the microwave for a cuppa later in the day. I’ve started turning the washing machine down from 40o to 30o. Pre plan cooking and fill the oven when you’re switching it on. eg. Pop in some potatoes to bake which can be reheated in the microwave for dinner next day, or roast veg such as carrots or cauliflower rather than boiling them so you’re only using one heat sauce. And NEVER buy ice cream from a kiosk in the summer, find the nearest convenience store and buy a box of them from the freezer department.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

Use gym showers ,go to gym it's warm.
Iain

Post by Iain »

Unless you were going to buy it you aren't saving a thing.
Katharine

Post by Katharine »

Change your light bubbles to LED it save on esb bill.
May

Post by May »

I was wasting a lot of milk. So now I buy large bag of dried milk and make up and keep in small 750ml bottle. I use passata bottle so it feels nostalgic like having in an old milk bottle.
Wattie

Post by Wattie »

Don’t buy anything you don’t really need.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Ditch your tumble dryer, invest in a dehumidifier only heat the rooms you use, only put heating on when you need to, ditch the oven use an air fryer.
Kathryn

Post by Kathryn »

If you have children put a jug over the hot tap they will use the cold instead of moving the jug.
Ann

Post by Ann »

When your shampoo / conditioner running low add water and swish around get a few more washes out of them.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

If your nipping to the shops for basics like milk and bread leave your purse and home and just keep a fiver in your phone case. You can't spend what you don't need too then.
Donna

Post by Donna »

When making anything with mince spaghetti Bol / chilli / cottage pie etc etc cut down on the mince and use lentils instead. Wish I’d have known this when my kids were little. Makes no difference to the flavour and the mince goes twice as far.