Any ideas on how to get my daughter to eat oatmeal?

We provide health education and information to mums, dads and everyone involved in caring for children. Our goal is to improve child survival by promoting child health intelligence.

Post by Guest »

I’ve tried to cook it with water, with milk, mixed in juice… but still not a win.

If you have a different approach or a recipe, please share.

Thanks..
Nina

Post by Nina »

My 2yo only eats the instant oatmeal, cooked with water, and it has can’t be too dry so I mix in extra water at the end. He likes a scrambled egg in it that is seasoned with garlic and Italian seasoning, and then I mix in a little salted butter. If we don’t have eggs or just to switch it up I put a little butter and brown sugar in it. Sometimes, to that, I add chopped strawberries or bananas. Sometimes he’ll eat the fruit and sometimes he’ll pick around it.
Eunice

Post by Eunice »

How much time do you have…

Here is how my kid eats his: Cooked with water and a pinch of salt. Melt butter in. Mix in Date butter & mashed banana. Crumbled digestive biscuit (the dark choc one) finally a light sprinkle of multi coloured sprinkles. 🤪 It's a lot but he eats a good bowl of it. Every morning. I'll take it.
Allyson

Post by Allyson »

Baked in to "cookies" with peanut butter, banana, honey, and flax seed. I blend mine into a flour because my son doesn't like the texture of it.
Devi

Post by Devi »

My kiddo only eats oatmeal when there’s topping that he likes: grapes and cereal. And he doesn't like mushy overnight oats, he prefers instant or rolled oatmeal that was poured with water or soymilk seconds before I served it. He hates the texture when the oatmeal becomes goey 🤣. Maybe can try this texture to your kid.
Morven

Post by Morven »

Maybe make oatcakes? Look up scottish oatcake recipe, you can adapt the ingredients. I love them, love the taste of oats but the texture of oatmeal isn't my favourite.