Just a query when you do VJ panel up the whole wall do you use individual boards or a panel?

A board for members to Discuss, Ask for Advice & Inspire - All things Construction & Design. Please all share the love of our homes with each other.

Post by Guest »

We look forward to further cooperation, guys.

Post by Emma »

Panels.. But in granny flat under house we did individual ones as they are weather proof for the damp and worked out cheaper than the panels.

Post by Jayde »

I used a panel only because I couldn’t get the smaller boards for a cost-efficient price or get them cut the size I wanted. But I would not advise it if you have a good alternative for individual boards. A panel was a lot of work to get into place and I needed someone to help me. It wasn’t something I could easily do on my own.

Post by Beck »

VJ= vertical joint. It can be either panels or T&G boards. The panels are easier unless you have very high ceilings as you don’t want to have a join in them.

Post by Rebecca »

VJ is the panel as said above but if your walls are taller than a panel you probably should use shiplap boards so you don’t have seams/joins.

They are a little more work because you may need more noggins to support. We’ve used.

Shiplap on ceilings and love the look.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Wed Jan 04, 2023 9:18 pm.
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post