I have an outdoor wood furnace which I'd like to heat my greenhouse with

This is a forum for backyard hobby greenhouse enthusiast wanting to share their green house experiences with like minded people.

Post by Guest »

What's everyone's opinion, should I use a hanging heater with a fan behind it or putting it in the floor (radiant heat). Project starts next spring.

TIA♥
William

Post by William »

In ground and fire up long before, heating season, in Japan they never turn thier boiler off, plants are close to ground so better to heat ground then air, I would install insulation, 2-3 feet down to limit sink Down, can run more than one loop to. One in ground, other to old radiator, with fan. Pushing through, get best of both.. can even get temp control to activate. Cylinoid to close loope to radiator, when temps are up..
Pam

Post by Pam »

We heat our home and all our hot water with a wood burning outdoor furnace. If you put it on a thermostat, you'd be in great shape!
Deanna

Post by Deanna »

We did that. My gh is 10x24 and a 50k btu hydronic heat exchanger at one end and a fan blowing down at the other. Doing great so far.
Aaron

Post by Aaron »

Dig a pit/trench and run stove pipe under stone floor on an upward angle. Radiant heat is fantastic.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Both but definitely in the floor mine is underneath my benches and through an old car radiator.
Armando

Post by Armando »

How big is the greenhouse? Have enough room for a galvanized pool? I’m thinking soil prep spring and summer. Hot tub fall and winter.