in Thailand.. Which 2-3 islands would you recommend in the south?

Welcome to our Travel Community, where travelers from all over the world come together to share experiences, ask for advice, and connect with others far and wide!

Post by Guest »

Will spend 3 weeks in Thailand in february - my mum will visit me. We will spend the time 50% north (BKK, Chiang Mai, Pai), 50% south. Which 2-3 islands would you recommend in the south?

We are looking for beautiful clean beaches, beautiful landscapes with activities such as exploring the island with a scooter, waterfalls etc., nice but affordable accommodation (still with my backpacking budget but double rooms then), good infrastructure, not too crowded, no party.

What do you think?
Tania

Post by Tania »

If you end up on koh phanang, check out castaway bungalows. The absolute highlight of my 2 weeks in Thailand in Sept. Snug but incredible. £30 a night. Worth it so much.
Gab

Post by Gab »

Certainly don't go to Koh Kood: a peaceful island with crystal clear water, almost vip beaches, refreshing waterfalls, chill and nice locals, less touristy and cheaper than Koh Chang, a living nightmare my friend! 😉 Hope you love it, but a scooter would be close to mandatory to explore the place.

*Last thing: I find it a bit more expensive than expected, and I was told that the north (like Chiang Mai) was a bit cheaper than the islands, but I'm not a billion percent certain that's true. On the island, a single bedroom costs between 500 (cheap) and 800 bahts I'd say. Not sure about double bedroom.