My 2 year old sometimes isn’t interested in eating or sitting at the table doesn’t last long

We provide health education and information to mums, dads and everyone involved in caring for children. Our goal is to improve child survival by promoting child health intelligence.

Post by Guest »

I usually end up following her around trying to get her to take a bite and this typically works and we get a meal in.

I do this because she’s in the 1 percentile of weight and I feel I need to make sure she’s getting food- However, I don’t feel like this is practical in the long run and I have a baby due soon and I’m not sure I can keep up.

Any thoughts?

I worry all the time when she doesn’t want to eat.
Dian

Post by Dian »

On the go babies.

Leave a plate of food on the couch and a container of food on the tv cabinet. They like to eat absent minded. I'm not a table eater myself, I like eating on the couch. My kids eat together at the table but if they are alone, they eat on the lounge room floor.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

If you are chasing her around, then how long does a meal take? She needs several hours between meals/snacks to feel hunger, so I wouldn't continue to feed her this way. If she doesn't like to sit, maybe put her plate at her toddler table instead of the main table?