How often do you plan your plot before starting to write? The timeline and the storyline for example?

A supportive board for writers at all levels to discuss writing topics, debate burning issues related to publishing, To publicise your novel. And to seek support of every kind in helping you to become a better writer.

Post by Guest »

Also - I have this lingering doubt in the back of my mind. I am not a good writer - but the story I'm trying to tell is a good one - should yolo it and get done with it? What do you do when you feel like your writing skill doesn't match the level of story telling you want to deliver? Thanks everyone).

Ps, this is my second big writing project, I'm at 25k, hoping for 60k - wanted to share that so you know where I'm coming from.
Roger

Post by Roger »

Creating a novel is not an efficient process. You'll end up re-writing it a few times anyway. Get the first draft out first, then you can worry about all the sutff like POV, backstory, flourish.
Sue

Post by Sue »

If your lack of craft concerns you, practise writing short stories. Great way to experiment with different techniques, learn your strengths and weaknesses without committing to a months long project. Who knows, maybe you’ll even publish in lit mags or journals.