I'm struggling with the climax of my story

A supportive board for writers at all levels to discuss writing topics, debate burning issues related to publishing, To publicise your novel. And to seek support of every kind in helping you to become a better writer.

Post by Guest »

.. I know it's been foreshadowed since the beginning and where the MC reaps what the sow.

All the other plot points are going smoothly, but I can't do it.

Maybe it's me approaching the goodbye of this novel.
Carmen

Post by Carmen »

If you think it’s the goodbye holding you back, don’t. I felt like that with my 1st book, but then I started writing character back stories as short stories. When those published, I kept writing—some of those characters now have their own books, some of the books have sequels. I didn’t have to say goodbye, just catch you later.
Kate

Post by Kate »

If the climax involves peril or trouble for the MC, it's natural to want to spare them by not writing it. Once I acknowledge that I can usually do it. Just get it out even if it's not good.
Burkley

Post by Burkley »

Remember, the climax isn't the end. You still gotta cuddle for a few more chapters. You can still look forward to the epilogue too.
David

Post by David »

If your theory is true, start outlining the sequel. That should clear your logjam.