Can diabetics do intermittent fasting?

The information given in this board is non medical and based on research and peoples personal experience.

Post by Guest »

Do you have information?
Kate

Post by Kate »

Yes as long as your basal is finely tuned you shouldn’t have an issue with highs or lows but IF isn’t that great for women’s hormones.

Post by Guest »

No, you can't it's really dangerous don't chance it every diabetic is different.
Kiley

Post by Kiley »

Been doing it for years. Perfectly safe if you plan and know what you’re doing.
Bella

Post by Bella »

I have successfully managed to intermittent fast and lost weight. My blood sugars were 100 percent in range. My Endo was upset with me and I was told I should not intermittent fast.
Kimberly

Post by Kimberly »

I do OMAD with no issues. If anything it has improved my sugars and stabilized them better without spiking nearly as much. It has been amazing. My Endo couldn't be happier.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I’ve done it near every day for a few years. Usually have good to great range till I do eat carbs mid day. Even when I do eat moderate carbs at night I usually don’t need a lot of insulin to cover food. My body seems to be much more sensitive to insulin doing so. But everyone’s experience can be different.
Mandy

Post by Mandy »

I do, I only eat between 5pm and 8pm. I have been doing it for 4 years and it has helped me tremendously. Probably not great for everyone but it does work for me. After a few weeks you don’t get hungry anymore until it’s your normal time to eat and I am no longer chasing highs and lows all day. Much more energy and less stress.
Dalton

Post by Dalton »

If you don’t take enough insulin you can have a Leto effect. Keto diets are not good whatsoever for diabetics. Any triggering of a keto effect on the body will ultimately damage a diabetic. It is healthier to eat 5 small portions a day versus 2 large ones.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Yes! I have been doing it for a while now. I don't eat past 7pm and then have a green Smoothie between 11-12 then next day, then the next thing I eat is at tea time. My sugars have never been so good