I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheap ways to get to the Bangkok floating markets from the centre of Bangkok

I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheap ways to get to the Bangkok floating markets from the centre of Bangkok

Post by Guest »

.. Most tours on trip advisor are over £30 and are full day excursions, we were more interested in just going to have a little look.

Thanks
Sean

Re: I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheap ways to get to the Bangkok floating markets from the centre of Bangkok

Post by Sean »

There's like 3 or 4 floating markets around the outskirts of Bangkok. Grab/Bolt can get you to any of them... check to make sure they are open as many closed due to covid or are only open on the weekends.
Rory

Re: I was just wondering if anyone knew any cheap ways to get to the Bangkok floating markets from the centre of Bangkok

Post by Rory »

That price will include a ride on a long boat, something you'd have to pay for if you went on the cheap.
Ahmad

Post by Ahmad »

Cheaper way is to take the train. It takes time and you will need to walk but it's cheap. Else take grab.

Taking a tour means you have to pay for the driver, the transport and their waiting time.
Cody

Post by Cody »

Either rent a motorbike or order a grab but don't use the tuk tuks as they will over charge and drove you all over the place to various temples and suit shops etc.
Anansie

Post by Anansie »

Either book through your hostel or get a grab/bolt straight there, I use trip advisor to see what’s on but never book through it as it’s so overpriced!