Just a handy tip in this Freezing weather

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

I don't like using deicer and having Raynaurds my hands get frozen scraping the ice off.

Also pouring hot water will either crack or weaken the windscreen.

My friend said get a small zip lock bag fill with warm water seal it and just wipe your windows with it. Defrosted in minutes and works great.
Sue

Post by Sue »

Have been using warm water for years on my windows, no.problem and then I start the engine and use the wipers.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Yep, I've done that before and it works well.

For those saying the window froze again straight away, just use a shower squeegee on each window as you go - problem solved!
Astrid

Post by Astrid »

Watched a young neighbour of mine do this very thing this morning. Very successful.
June

Post by June »

I just use windscreen shields.
Karen

Post by Karen »

Use a hot water bottle. Then keep the hottie bottle in the car to keep you warm on the way to work or to warm the kids on the school run.
Gemma

Post by Gemma »

I do the similar, hot water bottle on the dash board half hour before leaving, works a treat does both inside and outside.
Susan

Post by Susan »

Years ago as a night worker. I would bring a blow heater with me plus extension lead plug in for 1hour before my shift ended at 8am.
Karen

Post by Karen »

I used lukewarm water no problem, only thing the excess water goes onto the drive forming a ice skating ring for my husband.
Stephanie

Post by Stephanie »

I’ve got Reynards and just use a bucket of Luke warm water, whilst wearing my gloves. Job done all over.
Tina

Post by Tina »

Sprayed mine with white vinegar&water night before no ice this morning just a bit of snow on window screen.
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

Keep your sun visors down when defrosting the windscreen the hot it goes up and has nowhere to go this helping to clear it faster.
Craig

Post by Craig »

Keep your second key handy. Start the car, set the heater on the window, lock it with the second key and go back into the warm for 10 minutes.