I get child tax credits for both kids at the moment but will I get it for my third child too?

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

Hi, just wondering if someone can help as I’m a bit confused with some benefits.

Currently I have a 7 and 1 year old and due another baby this year. I get child tax credits for both kids at the moment but will I get it for my third child too?

Thanks..
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

You will get child benefit for a 3rd child.
Kimberley

Post by Kimberley »

No, it's govt eugenics - they introduced 2 kids only rule. There are a couple exceptions - from the info you've given they don't apply here. The link Shell Helen Cave has provided in this thread gives full details.
Michelle

Post by Michelle »

I don’t think you get income support for more than 2 kids. If it’s still the drop off when the youngest is 5 though that should transfer to the new baby when your middle child is 5. You will get child benefit though. Double check with them though as I think if a child claims dla that age exemption don’t count or might be higher. Been a while since I claimed income support though so I may be wrong.
Emma

Post by Emma »

No tax credits for 3rd child if born after April 2017, dla does not matter. Child benefit you will get though, which is about 14£/week for additional child.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

You can only claim benefits for your first two children the only additional money you get for more children is child benefit unless the third child had a disability and is entitled to dla then that is separate otherwise it’s only child benefit you can claim once the baby is born.
Cheryl

Post by Cheryl »

Nope. Only child benefit for more than 2 children.
No tax credits ot uc.