Which works out cheaper/better.. Tumble dryer or heated airer?

The best bit is that the lowdown comes from YOU. Round here, you are the influencer. You shape the board and make it great. We want you to get involved by writing posts and comments to inspire us, teach us, challenge us or simply make us laugh. The power is in your hands, literally.

Post by Guest »

what do you have?
Thank you..
Tiffany

Post by Tiffany »

Personally hate heated airers. They don't hold much for me and the items don't dry equally. Seen others moan about the the same thing to. For me my tumble dryer is so much better and hold loads! It's also smart and stops soon as things are dry unlike the older style ones.
Karen

Post by Karen »

A tumble drier is always going to dry far faster than a heated airer.

I’ve never had a drier and I’m really happy with my heated airer. A full load will dry overnight. If you expect the same speed as a drier you’ll always be disappointed.
Lucy

Post by Lucy »

Heated airer but with a sheet or cover over to increase the heat.
Sharon

Post by Sharon »

Don’t have a heated airer but can’t see how they wud dry faster than A dryer can’t comment on cost effectiveness.
Fay

Post by Fay »

Launderette and only a couple of loads of washing a week!
£2 for 10 minutes and all our bedding was dry!
Lara

Post by Lara »

Heated airer here seems cheaper. Plus, I can dry everything on it, where u can't tumble dry all our clothes for a start and I can fit most of a load on my heated airer as I have a big one, but I'd struggle to get it all in tumble drier and it actually dry everything too.