Undermount vs Topmount kitchen sink

Undermount vs Topmount kitchen sink

Post by Guest »

Undermount vs Topmount kitchen sink. Thoughts please..
Velli

Re: Undermount vs Topmount kitchen sink

Post by Velli »

Just to add to your dilemma, they can actually recess a to mount sink into your bench top! We went with top mount and have no regrets.

Tanya

Post by Tanya »

I've had a undermount sink with Granite benchtops for 14 years, I don't have mold or any troubles what so ever. I totally recommend, looks clean and slick!
Jemma

Post by Jemma »

We have had the under mount sink for over 2 years now, now mould or chips 🤷‍♀️ I love being able to just wipe crumbs into the sink from toast etc

Paula

Post by Paula »

I have under mount with a Caesar stone bench and it has been perfect for ten years now! Looks so much better too! 8-)
Melanie

Post by Melanie »

We have undermount - kitchen when we built 16 years ago and again in recent Reno. Looks beautiful, nothing ‘catching’ on an over mount and no chips or damage despite a very rough child/teen using it most days for years.

Karen

Post by Karen »

We were advised not to go undermount with a stone benchtop, so we went undermount. We prefer the look so did it anyway. I barely do dishes though, we have a dishwasher for that! 😂

Everyone will tell you what not to do but at the end of the day it’s your kitchen, do what you love!
Lisa

Post by Lisa »

Excuse the mid Reno shot but we went over based on advise re mould, grime and chipping. I’m happy with it and think it looks great

Beck

Post by Beck »

Over mount in our house, I have 4 sons and I don’t want to have to be precious about the edges of the counter top around the sink. With an over mount they are protect from chips and dents.
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

I recently moved into a house with an under mount sink and I don't like it one bit. I need somewhere for the pots (that don't go in the dishwasher) to drain, and I need somewhere to put down a hot dish when I take it out of the oven or off the stove top.

Last bumped by Anonymous on Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:03 pm.