Please may I ask if anyone has painted dark furniture white

A board for members to Discuss, Ask for Advice & Inspire - All things Construction & Design. Please all share the love of our homes with each other.

Please may I ask if anyone has painted dark furniture white

Post by Guest »

I would like a high gloss white. Not sure if it will come out looking good, The outdated greeb suede wall, will be painted in Lexicon.

Thank you, in advance

Cheyanne

Re: Please may I ask if anyone has painted dark furniture white

Post by Cheyanne »

I have painted my bed a light grey and the frame was darker than this! Turned out beautifully.
Tanya

Post by Tanya »

Lots have. Unsure of this group specifically but in a furniture group I'm in certainly have. High gloss is not usually used, rather semi gloss, gives a nice sheen and more on point with newer styles, although everyone's taste is different, so follow what resonates most for you.
Mumma

Post by Mumma »

If you are painting dark furniture make sure you use a sealer first or the dark will keep showing through. It will look lovely when you do it.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Your furniture looks perfect for painting. Ensure you do all the right preparation - sanding, priming etc. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
Gayle

Post by Gayle »

Not a fan of high gloss especially with colonial style furniture. We used low sheen aqua enamel for our similar furniture.