Anyone who has flown domestic within the US within the last 2-4 weeks!

Welcome to our Travel Community, where travelers from all over the world come together to share experiences, ask for advice, and connect with others far and wide!

Post by Guest »

Hello! Anyone who has flown domestic within the US within the last 2-4 weeks, what has been your experience? Especially if you were flying Southwest?

I know that there has been a lot of media around *MAJOR* flight delays and cancellations, but I'm wondering if that is still going on, and what impact people are still feeling.

If we have an evening flight - one of the last out, with two connections - to get to the other side of the US, and we can change it to the next morning, is it better to just go ahead and do so?
Cathy

Post by Cathy »

I would do so. Not worth the stress and risk of two connections on a cross-country flight in the evening. You might end up somewhere random overnight.
Liza

Post by Liza »

Labor shortage will last through next year so yes, delays and cancellations continue to happen. But it's a hit or miss and no crystal ball to predict. To minimize risks, best to take the earliest flight and only carry on.
Julie

Post by Julie »

Flew yesterday. Southwest if you have status will let you fly standby earlier but not next day. 2 connections is gonna be tough. Call the SW customer number and talk to one of their agents and see what they offer.