Walking across instead of taking your car to Tijuana because of the wait times to get back in?

Welcome to our Travel Community, where travelers from all over the world come together to share experiences, ask for advice, and connect with others far and wide!

Post by Guest »

Looking to travel to LA for a long weekend and head down to San Diego and Tijuana for 2 or so days.

I’ve read comments on walking across instead of taking your car to Tijuana because of the wait times to get back in?

Any tips and travel advise for just 2 people going to explore for a little?

Site sewing best food near by public transportation?

TIA
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Airbnb experience. We walked across with a guide who gave us the perfect day tour!
Whit

Post by Whit »

What I've done is on SD side park at a park and ride or general garage (omit if only using public transportation) and take the MRT light rail to the San Ysidro station, walk to the Mex side turn stile, super easy to clear customs, once the Mex side sidewalk meets at street with taxis,

look for mini shuttle vans ask if they go to Zona Centro (or anywhere you're looking for) it's $1 /person and once in Centro order an Uber/DiDi/taxi to where I really want to go to.
Devorah

Post by Devorah »

But they’re in mind that you’re only going to be seeing the touristy border part of Tijuana on foot. You’re not really seeing Mexico in the least.
Shirley

Post by Shirley »

Go to the State department travel advisory site and read the latest warning specific to TJ.
Liza

Post by Liza »

If you only have two days, don't waste time going to Tijuana. There are so many beautiful areas in San Diego to fill up a whole week.

Post by Guest »

Liza wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:49 pm If you only have two days, don't waste time going to Tijuana. There are so many beautiful areas in San Diego to fill up a whole week.
we will be staying in San Diego the entire time just dedicating a few days for Tijuana we have been to cali 5 times and it takes forever to visit all these places for long time frames so we like to see as much as possible in 1 trip
Waltraud

Post by Waltraud »

I am not a worrier but they recently warned of going to Tijuana because of Gang wars and violence

Post by Guest »

Waltraud wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:50 pm I am not a worrier but they recently warned of going to Tijuana because of Gang wars and violence
I had a few friends just go this past weekend they had a blast but they stayed there the entire time I wanna go back and forth to San Diego and don’t wanna sit in the line of traffic for 5 hours getting back across boarder