Looking for recommendations on all items food/cooking related I should bring!

Welcome to our Travel Community, where travelers from all over the world come together to share experiences, ask for advice, and connect with others far and wide!

Post by Guest »

I‘m spending a month interrailing this spring. To save costs, I’m looking to make my own food as much as possible. I’m staying in a mix of hostels and hotels (for health reasons I need my own private room and not every destination had hostels with private rooms available).

What are your must bring items?
Abi

Post by Abi »

Following! I’m going interrailing in spring and I’m pretty much just planning on cooking pasta, pasta and more pasta
Sunni

Post by Sunni »

Don't be afraid to grocery shop on location. I found spices were what I ended up carrying from place to place. Salt, pepper, Oregano, bay leaf, Cumin and Paprika are solid all round staples. Fresh herbs are easy enough to come across everywhere, and cheap produce will vary. It's a great opportunity to learn about local recipes.

I found most hostel kitchens well enough equipped, though it's generally less convenient to cook at hotels.
John

Post by John »

Small tin with salt and pepper packets. I've been in some hostels where they run out and thankfully I had this. Saved a few other people's dinner too!
Mariusas

Post by Mariusas »

Yoghurt with musli, oats, nuts also is good.
Mariusas

Post by Mariusas »

Heavy... Better stick to cold diy coffee, fruits, bread and chease etc.