in UK.. Do we get billed for electric monthly or every 3 months?

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

Hi in UK just a quick question, Do we get billed for electric monthly or every 3 months? Am on a pre payment meter at moment.
Rachel

Post by Rachel »

With a pre payment meter you use either a card or key to put money on the meter. You then use this until it runs out and then top up. It could be worth asking your supplier to change to a credit meter where you can pay by direct debit.
Barbara

Post by Barbara »

I am billed every 6 months but pay a set monthly direct debit, I also have a smart meter so I can see what I spend daily/weekly/monthly.
Tracy

Post by Tracy »

It's your choice how often you are billed, unless your provider dictates it as you are pre payment meter. You need to ask your provider as they are probably all different
Doreen

Post by Doreen »

With eon have smart meter can see what spending each day and all bills are done on line no need to send bills out ,
Karen

Post by Karen »

Pre pay meters are not “billed” as you use a key or a card to put money onto the meter but your utility supplier should send you updates on standing charges and cost per unit used
Marg

Post by Marg »

I’m with octopus and I’ve never had a bill from them yet. I pay DD monthly. £228.