I have to research places to stay in Rome

Welcome to our Travel Community, where travelers from all over the world come together to share experiences, ask for advice, and connect with others far and wide!

Post by Guest »

Just booked an 11-night trip to Rome in mid/late March. Flying Business class out of LA. Now I have to research places to stay. This will be a solo trip for me.
Allison

Post by Allison »

Savoy is OK but don't book the solo rooms (terrible). Same with Hotel Stendhal. Recommend going to Florence (Hotel Grand Cavour) and Sorrento (Parco di Principe)
Jenn

Post by Jenn »

We stayed near Piazza Navona and would stay in that neighborhood again. Short walk to Pantheon and Trevi Fountain. Found it way less touristy than Coliseum area and Vatican city.
Cat

Post by Cat »

I usually stay at either The Bloom Hotel (boutique hotel near the Vatican) or Florea Apartments in Campo di Fiori. It’s very centrally located to walk to everything and there is a bus stop across the street that will take you all over the city. I go to Rome twice a year for work and these have been my favorites so far.
Riana

Post by Riana »

Do you want to spend the whole time in Rome? With 11 nights, you could easily do 2-3 bases, especially with the fast trains in Italy easily connecting you from place to place. You could head up to Florence and do a few days in Tuscany or Cinque Terre. Or down to Naples and the Amalfi Coast (though maybe a bit early in the season?).
Ailsa

Post by Ailsa »

Paul, you might be interested in the Italy Travel Planning group on Facebook - very active, tons of tips and recommendations there. The group admin Katy also has a great website, Untold Italy. Give it a look too!
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Ciao from Rome ! There is so much to see in Rome. And from Rome you can easily reach Florence and Naples! You gonna have great time !
Claudia

Post by Claudia »

AirBnB for a small apartment. We did it and stayed a few blocks from the Vatican. Get an Omnia card. Gets you in the Vatican and other spots and includes transportation. Buses work well for getting around.
Brendan

Post by Brendan »

The Waldorf is one of the nicest and one of the top Hilton properties in the world