How on earth do I stop my dog from creating a Great Lake from drinking water

How on earth do I stop my dog from creating a Great Lake from drinking water

Post by Guest »

I’m about to move with older wooden floord and do not want to be responsible for anything since I’m renting.

I mean it practically is a lake when he’s finished! I have mats we put down, I’ve tried the shoe mats that have a little depth to them.  I feel like it’s just destined to be a mess every time he drinks water.
Tehya

Re: How on earth do I stop my dog from creating a Great Lake from drinking water

Post by Tehya »

We put the water bowl outside because my lab quite literally will attempt to swim in the bowl as he drinks.
Judith

Re: How on earth do I stop my dog from creating a Great Lake from drinking water

Post by Judith »

Dogs can't help it because of how their mouths are made. Try a raised bowl in the bathroom or with lots of water proof protection for those antique floors.
Janie

Post by Janie »

Buy a small hard plastic childs swimming pool and set his water bowl in the center of it. You can just pour the Xtra water into the tub or toilet..
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

My dogs dont have water bowls inside, they have a kiddy pool out side & if we leave for the day i will either put the bowls in the tub with water or do the slowest drip setting i can. My son will dump bowls as fast as i make them.
Andrea

Post by Andrea »

My dog has a table that the bowls fit into and it’s all stood on a plastic tray with a lip around the edge. I think the tray is actually meant for dirty shoes. The water goes all over the table and tray, but not the floor
RJ ~

Post by RJ ~ »

We have the same issue, nothing has worked. Our dog drinks and then walks away dripping water literally everywhere for a good 20 feet. He’s done it since he was a puppy. Our only solution was to stand there as he’s drinking and wipe it up after he’s done so he doesn’t ruin the floors.
Brittany

Post by Brittany »

I have 8 dogs and they all get water when they go out in the yard. My husband is a fall risk. No way to have water inside. On really hot days, I'll crate them inside with water so they are calm and not so hot