What happens to my money and can I get on prepay with British gas?

This forum aims to educate, support and advise as many people as possible.. If we don’t know, we probably know someone that does and we work hard to make sure everyone gets the answers they need.

Post by Guest »

Hello all, So I was with Nahbu until they went bust and were bought out by British Gas. I'm on a prepay meter and had £44 on my electric and £68 on gas credit, I am now fully with them as of today what happens to my money and can I get on prepay with British gas?
Collette

Post by Collette »

I've been pre pay with British gas over 15 years no problem at all except 1 winter did not top up gas through summer not knowing they take charges from top up not credit so cost me about £80 after engineer came out withing few hours top to up to get gas on do just check with them I just put £5 a week on in summer to cover and it also builds up credit by winter..
Heather

Post by Heather »

I have PAYG smart meters with British Gas, did you take a photo of the balance left & readings on your meter before the switch as you should get a refund for the balance left on there or they should transfer the balance over for you.