UK question: What documents are needed when claiming unemployment benefits?

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

My friend has lost her job and is worried that she would be accused of benefit fraud because she just split up with a boyfriend who earns quite well and their finances still appear to be joint: the mortgage, joint bank account, etc.

Post by Jacob »

If they live together, share bills etc then they need to be on a joint claim.

If she's moved out, and nothing shared then she can make a single claim.

If they've split up then why would she want to carry on using a joint bank account?

Post by Rebecca »

Own bank account, barcleys were really good as I walked out of a DA relationship and they set up a basic single account.

Get your name taken off all joint bills so you are not liable for them.

We had a joint mortgage, he bought me out they were aware of this.

Post by Sophia »

Get her own bank account pronto

Post by Coralena »

She won't be able to claim if she doesn't have her own bank account

Post by Parhana »

Well she needs her own bank account in her own name not joint and everything else needs to be in her own name not joint
Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Last post