What happens when you sell an item on Vinted?

This board has been created to share any money saving ideas, tips and hints. Please contribute your thoughts so everybody can economise on their budgets.. This is NOT a selling site.

Post by Guest »

I've sold an item on Vinted and they buyer asked me to pat the postage with royal mail but they thought the postage would be less I paid the correct postage and need to send them an invoice with the amount on as they don't have a PayPal account can anyone advise me how to sort this please?
Jess

Post by Jess »

Have you sent the item before they paid for the postage?
Katie

Post by Katie »

I had a recent buyer who although my for sale ad stated medium parcel, they chise to use royal mail and opted for a small parcel while i know they may have to pay additional fees to collect it the onus is on them for changing the parcel type their end. In my experience if theu don't pay it the item will be returned to myself anyway.

I don't know why people do that and then wonder why i wont cover the additional costs! Ive removed the royal mail option now as its a nightmare.
Lindsay

Post by Lindsay »

Royal mail prices on vinted are wrong. You need to remove them going forward for future orders. If you want to send royal mail You need toput the custom price of what it will cost. Much easier using evri and yodel as you just get the label and don't have to be out of pocket until the money comes throughx
Sandra

Post by Sandra »

I wouldn’t send anything with out payment first or PayPal.