Do you buy a Greenhouse or do you build one?

This is a forum for backyard hobby greenhouse enthusiast wanting to share their green house experiences with like minded people.

Do you buy a Greenhouse or do you build one?

Post by Guest »

For all in this great forum, Do you buy a Greenhouse or do you build one?
Kathy

Re: Do you buy a Greenhouse or do you build one?

Post by Kathy »

Built ours. Couldn't afford to buy the one we wanted, so we designed, sourced and built it ourselves.
Lennie

Post by Lennie »

Built one with leftovers and scrap from our whole house remodel.
Peter

Post by Peter »

If you want to save money you can build one yourself, if you want to grow in the winter, I recommend buying one.

We built one 5 years ago from recycled old windows it grows great peppers, and tomatoes. but when winter comes in only kale... and cold hardy plants grow in there.

Cammy

Post by Cammy »

Well, I bought two last year and both were destroyed by our high winds so next we are building a heavy-duty greenhouse. I exchanged emails with Growers Solutions and our best option is building our own.
Sindy

Post by Sindy »

Both! Built our first 12x48 lean to on our home. Then several years later bought a free standing kit greenhouse. What a project!!! Wish we had built the second greenhouse from our own plans!
Paul

Post by Paul »

I bought a Yoderbilt, but if I were doing it again, I would build instead. It would be easier to get the water and power, as well as gas. It would cost more, but not that much more.