Anyone have tips for anxiety and dealing with the uncertainty of plane travel right now?

Karle

Re: Anyone have tips for anxiety and dealing with the uncertainty of plane travel right now?

Post by Karle »

Sorry you're going through this. Seems to me that for some people anxiety actually springs from strengths (being thoughtful and wanting to be prepared, etc.) that have been turned up too high and need to be dialed down. You sound like a person who's willing to work at getting a handle on it, and the good news is that there are so many avenues to try to overcome this, including therapy, meds, and what others have suggested plus changing how you eat, how your sleeping arrangements are set up for optimal sleep, your physical routine, your self talk, anxiety workbooks, meditation, for some people, prayer, the music you listen to, the media you consume, the people you surround yourself with. Wishing you all the best as you explore.
Stephanie

Re: Anyone have tips for anxiety and dealing with the uncertainty of plane travel right now?

Post by Stephanie »

I planned too many trips this year and had the same issue in September. The thought of going was stressing me out more than I was excited to travel. We canceled our trip to Ireland (thankfully it was the same week Ian hit so we would have been stuck) Sometimes you just need quiet time at home to recharge.
Marian

Post by Marian »

Seeking help from your doctor was the right step in handling your anxiety. If what you were prescribed isn’t working for you, I suggest following up with the doctor because sometimes a medication might not work for you personally but I can’t help but think there is a right med available. Some meds take a while to kick in, like 3 or 4 weeks.

Travel can be difficult right now as we know. Maybe give yourself some time before you do anything more than what’s necessary if that’s possible. There are a lot of travel agents available who would book your air for you and help you deal with changes in the schedule when necessary for times you must travel. Request flights at times that work for you and be sure to have long enough layovers when changing planes to reduce the stress. Maybe another airline would have nonstop flights for where you want to fly. Anytime you can avoid changing planes is beneficial in reducing stress and anxiety but that involve a different airline.

Give yourself the gift of time to sort this out so you can enjoy the travel when the time is right. I wish you good health.